There are so many brands and types of automatic espresso coffee machines on the market nowadays that it is becoming quite difficult to find the one that will be best suited for your needs, right?
For this reason I have tested a number of them and compiled this review which will help you make the right choice, either it is for yourself or as a gift like for a great occasion (birthday, Christmas, or anniversary, etc.).
By the way, if you are looking for ideas for a gift, here is a page where you certainly will find exactly what you are looking for –> Great Gift Ideas!
So, in this review we will see ..
- Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine, BES870XL
- Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar 4 Cup Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine with Steam Milk Frother and Carafe
- Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine, Chrome
- De’Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine with Sensor Grinder, Dual Heating System, Advanced Latte System & Hot Water Spout for Americano Coffee or Tea, Stainless Steel, EC9335M
- De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- EspressoWorks 7 Pc All-In-One Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker Barista Bundle Set w/Built-In Steamer & Frother (Inc: Coffee Bean Grinder, Milk Frothing Cup, Spoon/Tamper & 2 Cups), Stainless Steel
- DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless, Metal
- Breville-Nespresso USA BEC220BLK1AUC1 Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine with Complimentary Capsules, Piano Black
- DELONGHI ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine with Steam Wand, Stainless
What Are Espresso Coffee Machines?
Espresso machines are machines that brew coffee through a process that forces pressurized water – close to boiling point – through ground coffee pock and a filter; so, the primary aim of this process is to produce expresso, which is a thick concentrated coffee. Angelo Moriondo (from Turin, Italy), in 1884, created the first espresso machine. This is one of the reasons why the espresso machine is usually seen as an Italian machine; and over the years, a lot of people have used this machine for both personal and commercial purposes.
Espresso machines come in different types; it can be pump driven, air-pump driven, steam-driven or piston driven and the machine can be powered either manually or automatically. So, based on the machine design, the operational procedure may be different. But generally, you can use an espresso machine to produce an amazing espresso.
Types of Automatic Espresso Coffee Machines
As mentioned earlier, automatic espresso coffee machines are of different types, designs, and technology, allowing the machine to perform different functions. There are different top world industries that produce espresso machines to satisfy consumer needs. Therefore, I have created a list of high-quality espresso machines you may be interested in for use at home or in the office.
But before we get started, you might like to invite your Twitter followers to join in. To do that it is very easy, all you have to do is to log into your Twitter account and click on the bar below, that’s all …☕️ Best Automatic Espresso Coffee Machines – A Complete Review #coffee #CoffeeLovers #coffeetime and reTweet Please! ? Click To Tweet
Thanks for doing that, and if you have more than one Twitter account, you can repeat the operation!
1. The Barista Touch (Breville)
You can count on this machine for quality coffee any time, any day. You are also guaranteed top-notch coffee as it offers Barista performance and an excellent touch screen technology. The technology in this machine offers a heat-up time of three seconds, and its in-built grinder delivers the perfect amount of ground coffee. You can achieve anything you want with this machine using the 3-step guide of Grind, Brew and Milk.
This brushed stainless steel machine comes with a BPA free water tank. Also, you can easily program the temperature and texture you want for your milk. You can easily adjust the strength, texture and overall coffee strength according to your taste.
2. The Oracle Touch (Breville)
Every stage required to make the perfect coffee is completely controlled by this machine. This automated machine simplifies the overall operation, making it very easy to accomplish grinding, brewing, and milking. Even though this machine is fully automatic, operating it is easy, all thanks to its touch screen technology. Another interesting thing about this machine is that you can save about eight personalized coffees on the machine. The Oracle Touch also has a warranty period of 2 years, giving you no reason to doubt the machine’s authenticity.
3. Easy Espresso Machine (Mr. Coffee)
An espresso machine is said to be easy if anyone can use it to make top class coffee without any difficulty. So, with Mr. Coffee Easy Espresso Machine, you can make delicious coffee with all the coffee flavor you expect over and over again.
This machine also comes with a 15-bar pump, which reserves all the needed coffee flavor. Worried about tamping your drink? Using this machine eliminates manual tamping of coffee grounds; the easy espresso machine got you covered.
You can brew coffee to your desired taste easy and quick with its three-way function (Brew, Steam, Stop). This machine also features a reversible drip tray, which accommodates different varieties of mug sizes. Besides the easy espresso machine, Mr. Coffee also has other interesting high-quality espresso machines you can purchase.
4. Dedica Deluxe Espresso Machine
You can use this manual machine in preparing quality espresso straight from your home. Dedica Deluxe Espresso Machine features an ultra-slim design and user-friendly control, therefore making operation easy and comfortable.
It also comes with a thermoblock heating system that supplies optimum temperature when making coffee; this system also delivers a quick heating time of forty seconds. So, the Dedica Deluxe machine is ever ready to brew; we have the self-priming function to thank for this.
Benefits of Using an Espresso Machine
A lot of people want to know if getting an espresso coffee machine for office or personal use is the right thing to do. So, here are some of the benefits of using an espresso machine …
1. Saves cash
Getting an espresso machine is a big investment that helps you save money. You may think it’s pretty expensive, but when you calculate the money you spend when going to the café as well as the total cash you have spent on paying for the coffee, you will see that buying an espresso machine saves you money on the long run.
So, all that you need to do is buy the right espresso machine. But most people do not think of the long-run cost; they are more concerned about the short-run cost, which is one of the reasons it’s difficult for them to save money from the right investment.
2. Can be used by beginners and professionals
Above all, operating this machine does not require any special skill or knowledge. All it takes to prefer the perfect cup of coffee is press some buttons. You can also use this machine in busy workplaces. So, anyone in your office can easily operate this machine to prepare a nice cup of coffee.
To show you how easy it is to use, I have selected one of the popular coffee machines and posted a YouTube user manual of the DeLonghi ECP 3630 Espresso Machine below …
So, if this is the one that you would like to own or offer as a gift, click on the banner below for more details and to purchase …
3. Offers convenience
Using an espresso machine is more convenient than going out to buy a cup of coffee, especially when you have visitors around. So, the convenience you get from using an espresso coffee machine is comparable to none.
In as much as you can prepare a jar or cup of coffee by turning the machine on and pressing some buttons, you still need the right machine capable of making the right amount of coffee.
4. Happy customers
Not only home and office users can benefit from an espresso machine, coffee shop or café users can also benefit from this machine. Using an espresso machine in a café or coffee shop reduces the queue (reduces wait time), as a result, makes your customers happy. Having happy customers means more sales and more customers (base on recommendation), which therefore equates to more profit and sales.
Where to Purchase an Espresso Machine
Getting the perfect espresso machine to suit your taste can be challenging since they are so many producers and coffee makers in the market. So, to get the best machine, you landed on the right website. Indeed, here you will be able to make the right choice and will never be disappointed. So, let’s begin …
The Top 10 Automatic Espresso Coffee Machines
1. Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine, BES870XL
- Precise espresso extraction: Features a digital temperature control (PID) that supplies water exactly at the right temperature, therefore promoting an optimal extraction of espresso.
- Dose control grinding: An integrated conical burr grinder that delivers the exact amount of freshly ground coffee straight into the portafilter, so, giving you the taste you desire with any roast of beans.
- Grind size dial: The simple and intuitive feature gives you complete control over the grind size, regardless of the type of bean you want to grind.
- Microfoam milk texturing: With the steam wand performance, you can hand texture micro foam milk that improves flavor and also allows the creation of latte art.
- Hands-free operation: Any Barista can grind directly into the espresso machine port filter, all thanks to its innovative grinding cradle.
- Settings: Power 1600 Watts; Adjustable grind amount and manual override; single or double shots; also compatible for model number Breville ES800XL.
- Added accessories: 54 millimeter stainless steel port filter; razor dose trimming tool; coffee scoop; 1 cup and two cup single and dual wall filter baskets; integrated tamper; cleaning brush; cleaning disc and tablets; stainless steel milk jug; water filter and water filter holder; Allen key.
2. Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar 4 Cup Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine with Steam Milk Frother and Carafe
- Easy usage: One switch knob with a light indicator for stress-free operation. It features a function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Having an incredible taste is certain, all thanks to its accurate temperature control.
- Compact design: The espresso coffee machine features a stainless steel compact design. It is light and small, saving you plenty of space. With the removable, washable drip catcher, you can collect coffee drips and maintain a tidy brew space. Also very suitable for kitchen and home use.
- Have your foam the way you want it: The frothing arm of this coffee espresso machine allows the creamy froth to top off your lattes and cappuccinos at ease. Velvety smooth expresso also offers you a better way to start your day.
- Brew coffee professionally: This machine features a powerful 3.5 bar pressure, which you can use to make one to four cups of espresso coffee and smooth cream. The easy to pour glass cup supplies you the perfect amount each time, therefore, offering you a well-prepared expresso within seconds.
- What you get: Steam Espresso Machine (1), Spoon (1), Filter and Funnel (1), Carafe (1), Manual (1).
- Tips: To use this machine safely, make sure you screw all the parts tightly.
3. Breville Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine, Chrome
- Automated espresso machine: By pressing a single button, you can make barista grade single-serve coffee. The touch mechanism of this one button offers the best results, regardless of the espresso or coffee style you want to make/drink. Specifically designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules.
- Multipurpose coffee and espresso maker: You can also brew five different single serve coffee cup sizes by pressing a single button based on the coffee you want – Espresso (1.35 oz.), Double Espresso (2.7 oz.), Gran Lungo (5 oz.), Coffee (7.7 oz.) and Alto (14 oz). For ice latte drinks and iced coffee, pour over ice.
- Smart coffee maker: Features Nespresso’s Centrifusion TM technology that uses barcodes in delivering the amazing in-cup results; thus, you can make the perfect single-serve espresso drink or coffee over and over again. Just insert capsule to where it will blend into freshly brewed coffee or espresso.
- Features: 40 oz. water removable tank saves you the stress of refilling. This machine also features a quick heat-up time (15 seconds), saving you plenty of time when making your favorite espresso or coffee. An energy-saving feature that shuts the machine automatically after nine minutes of inactivity.
- Complimentary gift: Each machine also comes with a Nespresso Vertuo capsule welcome kit with 12 different range of single-serve coffee capsules with distinctive aroma profiles.
- Bundle: The machine comes with the Aeroccino 3 milk frother, thus offering you the perfect finish to your beverages like latte or cappuccino.
4. De’Longhi La Specialista Espresso Machine with Sensor Grinder, Dual Heating System, Advanced Latte System & Hot Water Spout for Americano Coffee or Tea, Stainless Steel, EC9335M
- Make fresh coffee every time: Features an integrated grinder that offers consistent grinding and optimal dose of coffee, and all that thanks to its sensor grinding technology.
- Handcrafted precision: Features a smart tamping station that supplies the right pressure for best results.
- One-second quick start: So, grinding starts instantly as you on the machine. Pump pressure (bar): 19.
- Easy to clean: Self-cleaning function for group head.
- Reduces wait time: it reduces wait time between frothing milk and brewing espresso with its dual heating system.
- Active temperature control: It offers optimal temperature stability for the best coffee extraction.
- Less mess and waste: Minimizes mess and waste of coffee significantly, all thanks to its smart tamping station.
- Advanced latte system: Easily makes the perfect milk texture for quality cappuccinos and lattes.
- Sleek design (award-winning). Input power (W): 1450.
- A warranty period of two years, plus one additional warranty year if you register your coffee machine.
5. De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Preparing expresso is simple and fast. It uses ground coffee or convenient pods with the original dual-function filter holder.
For perfect drinks on a regular basis, the machine prepares cappuccino and lattes with the swivel jet frother at ease. Rated voltage/frequency (V~Hz) 120~60.
Self-priming operation with on/off switch. No need for delayed startup during preparation.
Two separate thermostats that supply the perfect temperature to brew espresso, thus allowing separate control for water and steam pressure.
High quality, durable stainless steel boiler and pump pressure of 15 bar. Use for years in preparing delicious espresso. Go through the manual before using this device. Features a max cup height of 66 cm.
Features a steam dial to keep close when frother is not in use. Water will come out from the frother and coffee spout if the dial is not open fully. Make coffee like a pro every time with its 15 bar pressure and adjustable controls. It also allows users to make modification based on their taste.
6. EspressoWorks 7 Pc All-In-One Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker Barista Bundle Set w/Built-In Steamer & Frother (Inc: Coffee Bean Grinder, Milk Frothing Cup, Spoon/Tamper & 2 Cups), Stainless Steel
- 45 seconds is all it takes. So all you need to do is add beans. This all-in-one machine features an advanced thermoblock fast heating system that supplies the exact temperature and steam instantly. (Machine dimensions: 9.75″ L x 9″ D x 11.5″ H inches), 1350W
- Transparent removable water tank. It also allows you to monitor the level of water conveniently from the transparent tank. The tank comes with a handle, so you can easily remove to refill and clean.
- 15 bar pump pressure system. So, enjoy the amazing taste of Italian espresso, Americano, and Macchiato. It comes with a steel milk frothing cup so you can prepare your lattes and cappuccinos at ease. Features removable frothing device and detachable drip tray – so cleaning this device is no issue.
- Single or double shot. Features 2 stainless steel portafilter baskets, offers the option of pulling one or two shots during the extraction process.
- Sold more than 10,000 units. Customer service is top-notch, always available to offer assistance 24/7.
7. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless, Metal
- 15 bars pump driven pressure system. Automated self-primes. It also comes with a water level indicator.
- 1100 watt input power. Excessive noise from the pump may occur when the water tank is empty, refill to correct this.
- Convenient filter holder that allows you to use pods or ground coffee at ease. Easy to use frothier for making lattes or cappuccinos.
- Detachable water tank (44 oz. and 1.3 litter). Do not install the machine in environments with temperature of 0°C (32°F) or lower or risk damaging the machine when water freezes.
- For assistance with installation and machine maintenance, use De’Longhi’s call center at 1 8—322 3848.
- Caution: Before using the machine, it’s highly recommended that you use the manual.
8. Breville-Nespresso USA BEC220BLK1AUC1 Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine with Complimentary Capsules, Piano Black
- Size: Nespresso by Breville offers you the latest and smallest ever single-serve espresso machine with no compromise of any kind. This compatible machine with its sleek design and advanced smooth lines can fit into any position at ease, thus saving you plenty space.
- Efficient coffee maker: With a single touch, water reaches optimal serving temperature within 25 seconds and it also has an energy-saving mode that turns the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Performance: The single-touch operation and extraction system with 19 bars of pressure allows you to make coffee or espresso like a pro over and over again.
- Versatility: Easily adjustable cup size with 2 programmable Lungo (5 oz.) and Espresso (1.35 oz.) buttons, which makes this machine an amazing coffee maker. For iced coffee beverage, pour over ice.
- Complimentary gift: A Nespresso original welcome kit, 14 different range of capsules with distinct aroma profiles.
9. DELONGHI ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
Original “Cappuccino System” frother for mixing milk and steam to create a great, creamy froth.
Features a rotary and push-button you can easily use with an 8.8 0z beans container (14 cups) and programmable menu settings. Max cup height of 4.25 inches and input power of 1350 watts.
With the compact, patented and cleanable “Direct-to-Brew” system, you can grind beans instantly. Create a perfect espresso using your favorite coffee beans. For best grinder performance, use beans will little visible oil, preferably medium roast.
Maintenance: You spend less time cleaning this machine compared to other brands and other machines that need chemical cleaning. The machine may fail to deliver coffee due to blockage of ground coffee in the funnel. To fix, use a plastic knife to remove ground coffee trapped in the funnel. Then clean the inside of the machine and the infuser. Refer to the manual if the machine is noisy. It also has an energy-saving feature that switches it off after 3 hours of inactivity.
For assistance during installation and machine maintenance, use De’Longhi’s specialized call center at 866 528 8323. No warranty if purchased from an unauthorized retailer.
10. Calphalon BVCLECMP1 Temp iQ Espresso Machine with Steam Wand, Stainless
- Features a 15 bar pump that supplies optimal pressure for effective extraction of flavor and produces a rich, creamy espresso.
- A dial interface you can use to select hot water, steam, and programmable single and double shots.
- Capable of holding more coffee grounds and promotes even water dispersion and flavor extraction, thanks to its 58mm café-sized portafilter.
- PID temperature control and thermoblock heating technology supply stable heat for preparing tasty espresso time after time. Pre-infusion blooms espresso grounds gently for optimal espresso extraction.
- Easy to remove 2.0L water tank with a hinged lid that allows easy filling/refilling.
- Steam wand froths milk to make lattes, cappuccinos and other beverages and cup warming tray for espresso-ready cups.
- This machine comes with a tamper, cleaning pin and stainless steel milk pitcher.
How to choose your coffee
Whether you like it sweet, crisp, powerful or aromatic, coffee is THE most consumed drink in the world. However, this everyday product remains difficult to choose as the choice is wide.
Should it be chosen according to its origin? of its variety? of its aromatic notes? Delicatessen, supermarket, burner, coffee shop, coffee lounge, roaster, is coffee the same everywhere?
So many parameters to take into account at the time of your purchase. These many questions raise a question that all consumers ask themselves: “How to choose the right coffee?”.
The importance given to the taste of roasted, the method of roasting …
There are no less than 1,000 aromatic markers in coffee, double that of wine. This little-known aromatic complexity of coffee can be explained by the roasting of coffee.
Until now, the industrial coffee trade has favored the so-called “roast” taste with pronounced bitterness, rancid or burnt taste. Besides, this powerful bitterness and burnt taste so often described by people who do not like coffee results directly from the roasting and the quality of the beans.
As in the kitchen, think of a chocolate cake, baked too long or at too high a temperature, the coffee loses in flavors and intrinsic aromas and is aromas of charcoal.
Just looking at the color of the bean will tell a lot about its taste, the darker the bean, the more it is roasted and the more bitterness and the taste of toast. If the coffee beans are approaching black, go your way!
Note that the darker the grain, the lighter and oily it is. It then goes rancid very quickly and loses all its taste qualities.
Depending on the time and the baking method, you will get more or less bitterness, body, acidity and develop this or that aromatic palette.
To access this aromatic complexity, you have to take the necessary step of choosing quality, specialty coffees, preferably mono-varietals and from a single origin, and from a single terroir.
My favorite …
You will be surprised to find that some aromas differ from one origin to another, and from one terroir to another. Ethiopian coffees, including the famous Ethiopian Mocha, have the particularity of having very floral, jasmine, Yrgacheffe or red fruit aromas.
In Kenya or Rwanda, aromas of black fruit will emerge. As for Panama, depending on the variety, aromas of peach or cinnamon will be revealed.
Finally, in Brazil with a Red Iapar, chocolate and eucalyptus notes will be found.
For manufacturers, the goal is to guarantee a constant flow and taste. For this, the varieties of coffee are mixed in search of a final taste of the coffee at the expense of its origin, hence the importance of taking the time to seek advice from a roaster to choose your coffee, as you would for choosing your cheese from the cheese maker or the wine from a wine merchant.
To talk about your tastes, no need to evoke aromatic notes, let your emotions speak! It can be the same as for music, literature, sports, or even the automobile …
Other characteristics come into play such as the freshness of the coffee. Prefer it in grains rather than already ground, you will keep it longer. If your coffee machine isn’t equipped with a grinder, it is not a problem as you can purchase an electric coffee grinder at a very reasonable price on Amazon or elsewhere. One that I can recommend is …
Regarding the labeling of coffees, organic certifications should be favored. This will ensure that no chemical input has been added to produce the coffee you will be tasting.
Conclusion about the best Automatic Espresso Coffee Machines review
Thanks for reading this review. I hope that you have found THE one that you would like to have among these 10 automatic espresso coffee machines I have tested for you.
You may also like to read some reviews on other automated equipment that you might consider investing in, for that just move back to the Home Page, and enjoy yourself.
This website is forever a work in progress. That is to say, my goal is to provide you with the best reviews of the products as they become available. Therefore, make sure to bookmark it so that you come back often! And, if you have not found exactly what you are looking for, click on ➸ Amazon to have a search.
Thanks for your visit
Did you find your dream coffee machine among these automatic espresso coffee machines? Also, my readers and I would love to hear from you. If you have anything to share, or have any questions, just use the box below and someone will respond as soon as possible. Also, if you found this guide helpful make sure to share it socially and write a comment below. I will be most grateful! And if you are interested in more robotic equipment, for fun, as a hobby or your profession, visit “Top Ten Robots“.
I am a Premium member at Wealthy Affiliate, where I have been trained to share my passions with the world. Also, I am taking this opportunity to invite you to join me and my team and to become a successful business owner. It is 100% FREE to join, learn and earn!
© Copyright Top Ten Robots since 2017 and to date!
Disclosure: “I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees; by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”